Mold Remediation Service
Is a division of Disaster Rescue. Please visit LasVegasMold.com for a complete resource on mold related damages.
The key to mold control is moisture control.
- If mold is a problem in your home, you should clean up the mold promptly and fix the water problem
- It is important to dry water-damaged areas and items within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth
All of our workers are trained in mold remediation and most are also licensed asbestos workers. Each has completed an extensive IICRC Training Course.
Sequence of Mold Remediation Tasks:
- Shut Off HVAC Ducts within the Containment
- Control Access to the Work Area
- Pre-Clean Surfaces of Critical Barriers
- Seal Critical Barriers
- Construct Containment Barriers and Employee Decon
- Start Air Scrubbers
- Start Negative Air Pressure
- Remove Necessary Materials
- Clean Areas of Work and Containment (HEPA, Wipe, HEPA)
- Spray/Wipe with a Biocide
- Apply Fungicidal Encapsulate to Exposed Structural Members (optional)
- Stop Negative Air
- Leave Air Scrubbers Running
- Run Clearance Sampling (After Prescribed Number of Air Changes or Time)
- When Clearance is Achieved, Shut Down Air Scrubber and Removed Containment
Mold can be a health hazard to many people. The young & elderly are especially susceptible to the dangers of mold. If you’ve had a recent flood, you should have your home checked for mold.
DO NOT attempt to remove mold on your own, it could make the situation much worse! Disturbing mold can cross-contaminate your home or business and can increase the risks to persons in the area!
**NOTE** – Mold Remediation and/or Water Damage Restoration / Mitigation is most likely covered by your Home or Business Insurance policy. Contact one of our remediation experts for complete details and a free consultation.